Easy to Make Plaster Castings with ComposiMoldJust Re-Melt to Re-Mold. Easy and effective process for making plaster casts with a Flexible AND Re-usable mold making material. Plaster or Plaster of Paris works great with ComposiMold. You can also make great castings with Hydrocal, Hydrostone, Ultracal, concrete, Dental Plaster, and cement to make your unique castings.
Making a ComposiMold Plaster Casting:
Follow the basic mold making instructions on our How it Works Page to make a mold with ComposiMold. The tips below will set you up for success when using plaster of paris, hydrocal, ultracal, dental plaster or other plasters as your casting material.
The 7 Key Steps to Creating Successful Plaster Castings in a ComposiMold mold:
With ComposiMold, making molds and plaster castings is really easy. Here are seven tips of the trade:
1. Keep the plaster casting material as thick as possible to ensure a strong casting. Start with a ratio of 1 part plaster to 2 parts water by volume and if possible reduce the amount of water.
2. Vegetable oil, mineral oil, WD-40, wax, or Armor All work well for mold releases. Be sure to brush off any extra mold release material.
3. Tap and bounce your mold when it is filled with the plaster to dislodge any bubbles to create bubble free castings. 4. Peel the ComposiMold mold away from the plaster casting as much as possible after letting the plaster cure for as long as possible. Try to wait 24 hours.
5. Pour the plaster into the lowest point of the mold and let it rise upward to help dislodge bubbles.
6. Large plaster castings with fast curing plasters may need to be cooled. Typically plaster does not create a large exotherm, but for very large castings, this may occur. Easy to work around by cooling the ComposiMold mold first.
7. Experiment: With ComposiMold you can make lots of different molds with the same mold making material. Make a mold, cast your plaster castings, and do it again. Simple, effective, and fun. >
You can also start with your ComposiMold Plaster Starter Kit. The plaster starter kit comes with everything you need to start making your own cool plaster castings. Learn more about the Starter Kits Here.-Learn to Mold without the Worry
Order your Reusable Plaster Casting Flexible Mold Making Material Here.